Instant Pot Lemongrass Beef Stew
- 2 lbs chuck roast chunks
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1 bunch bok choy
- 1.5 cups water
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 sticks lemongrass (4 inch length)
- 1 each onion
- 1 each clove
- 1 each star anise
- 2 each bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt or fish sauce
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: Instant Pot, cutting board, knife, tongs
- Slice your onions, peel your garlic cloves, crush the lemon grass
- Rinse and chop up the bok choy
- Place the beef at the bottom of the pan
- Next, add the bay leaves, seasonings onions, garlic, mushrooms, fresh basil leaves
- Then, pour over the water.
- Close the lid, turning the venting knob to the sealing position. Cook on high pressure for 35 minutes.
- After it has cooked, allow 10 minutes for natural release before doing a quick release. Carefully remove the lid.
- Then, add the bok choy into the stew. Stir until it has wilted. Top it off with any other fresh veggies and sauces such as sriracha or hoisin sauce. Eat and enjoy!