Pineapple Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: cutting board, knife, saute pan, spatula
- Dice your red bell pepper and onions into small chunks
- Cut your chicken into small pieces
- Add oil to a heated pan on medium high heat.
- Saute the onions until they soften. Then, add the chicken and season with garlic powder and salt.
- Continue to stir the chicken until it turns golden brown on all sides. (cook for 5 to 7 minutes)
- Then, add the soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Continue to cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
- At the end, add the red bell peppers and pineapple. Sprinkle with sesame oil and mix well.
- Enjoy with rice or noodles (use cauliflower rice or squash spirals for low carb option). You could also serve this on top of a lettuce wrap.