Some things are just meant to be just like this Balsamic Glazed Steak Salad with Savory Sweet Potato Wedges!
Prepping tasty meals can be challenging, especially if you’re short on time. But meal prepping in advance can help set you up for success during the week. You’ll be able to enjoy tasty wholesome meals during your busy work week.
This steak dinner is rich in iron, Vitamin C, and fiber. Adding balsamic vinegar to the steak marinade is an easy way to add flavor to your steak. Baking the sweet potato wedges saves you from unnecessary calories from cooking it in the deep fryer.
Ingredients for Easy Steak Salad and Sweet Potato
- Steak: We splurged a bit and used NY Strip steak because of its intense and bold beef flavors. It’s not the most tender steak, but it still gives a robust flavor. However, you can use your choice of steak
- Sweet Potato: Steak always goes well with potatoes, but we wanted to incorporate some Vitamin A which is found in sweet potatoes. It also has a lower glycemic index than regular potatoes making it carb-friendly
- Balsamic Glaze and Seasonings: If you don’t have a balsamic glaze, you can also use a mixture of honey and soy sauce. The glaze gives the steak a good sear, char, and caramelization from grilling it on the pan
- Salad Mix: We went with a spring mix that contains a mix of tender baby lettuce, spinach, and sometimes red and green romaine. However, you can go with whatever salad mix you have on hand
How to Make Steak Salad and Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Prep the sweet potato by slicing it into wedges and baking them in the oven.
- Meanwhile, marinate the steak with balsamic glaze, olive oil, and seasonings.
- Heat the grill on medium-high heat. Sear the steak on each side until you reach your desired doneness.
- Serve the salad with your choice of salad dressing.
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Balsamic Steak and Sweet Potatoes
- Cooking option: If you have an Air Fryer, you can also air fry the seasoned sweet potato wedges at 350F for 8 minutes
- Glaze: You can make your own homemade salad dressing by mixing together the following: 1/4 cup balsamic glaze, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt. Save it in a glass jar and store it in the fridge. It will keep well for up to 2 weeks. Just be sure to give it a shake before serving.
- To Store: This meal can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
What meat compliments sweet potato?
Other than beef, chicken and pork taste delicious with sweet potatoes.
What else goes well with sweet potato wedges?
You can serve it with baked chicken strips, deli sandwiches, or even make chili fries.
What is balsamic glaze good on?
You can drizzle this glaze on other grilled vegetables, toasted bruschetta, and even on top of juicy strawberries and as a sauce for vanilla ice cream.
Grilled Balsamic Steak Salad with Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges