- 12 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 each tortillas
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: knife, cutting board, skillet, spatula
- Add oil to a skillet on medium high heat. Saute the mushrooms and spinach until they soften.
- Next, add the shrimp and season with chili powder and salt. Saute until the shrimp fully cooks (about 3 to 5 minutes). Remove the shrimp mixture from the skillet.
- Carefully wipe down the skillet to remove any residue. Then heat some butter in the pan on low to medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet and then layer the ingredients: cheese, shrimp mixture.
- Top with a little more cheese and the top layer tortilla. Flip the quesadilla to toast the other side.
- Remove the skillet and slice into quarters. Serve with choice of toppings such as pico de gallo, sour cream, or quacamole. Eat and enjoy!