Thai Red Beef Curry
- 1 lb beef (any kind) thinly sliced
- 1/2 each white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 each lime
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: cutting board, knife, soup pot, tongs/spatula
- Slice onions and bell peppers into thin strips. Mince garlic
- Slice beef into thin strips
- Add oil to a soup pot on medium high heat. Saute the onions until they soften and turn translucent.
- Next, add the beef and garlic and mix well. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes until they become golden brown.
- Then, pour in the coconut milk, brown sugar, and red curry paste, and fish sauce.
- Mix everything really well. Bring the pot to a boil and carefully continue to stir for 1 to 2 minutes (making sure it doesn't overflow)
- Once it reaches a rolling boil, bring it down to a simmer and cook for another 20-30 minutes until meat is tender.
- At the very end, mix in the basil leaves and top it off with fresh bell peppers. Serve with rice and juice of a lime wedge.