Steak and Asparagus Quinoa Bowl
- 12 oz steak
- 10 oz asparagus
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup dried quinoa
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp water
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: cutting board, knife, sauce pan, skillet, tongs
- Cook quinoa according to package intructions
- cut asparagus into 3 inch pieces, dice red onion, slice steak into thin strips
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and saute until it softens and turns translucent. (about 2 to 3 minutes)
- Next, add the steak and sear it until it turns golden brown and is fully cooked. (about 5 to 7 minutes)
- Then, add the asparagus and seasonings. Stir well until the asparagus is slightly tender.
- Add 1/4 cup of water to the pan and scrape and stir the browned bits at the bottom of the pan to create a sauce. Then add worcestershire sauce and mix it well.
- Remove from the pan and serve with quinoa. Eat and enjoy!