Curry Chicken with Green Beans
- 1.25 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 8 oz green beans
- 1 package (5oz) shiitake mushroom
- 1 each white onion
- 1 can (10oz) coconut milk
- 2 cloves garlic
- curry powder
- tumeric powder
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: saute pan, cutting board, knife
- Wash and rinse your vegetables
- Slice the green beans in 2 inch strips
- cut the chicken in small bite size pieces
- Slice the onions, peel and mince the garlic
- Preheat the saute pan on medium high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil
- When the saute pan is heated, add the chicken and cook through until golden brown.
- Add 1 more tbsp of oil to coat the pan, then add the onions and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and place the heat on low to medium heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of curry powder, add 1 tbsp of tumeric powder, 1 tbsp of garlic powder, 1 tbsp of onion powder, 1 tbsp of salt and pepper (season until preferred taste)
- At the end, add green beans and mushrooms and cook until they are tender (5 minutes).