One-Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 24 oz spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz dry spaghetti (normally 1/2 a box)
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen spinach (defrosted)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh cherry tomatoes
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: cutting board, knife, large pot, tongs, fork
- Slice mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, defrost spinach according to packaged instructions
- Add chicken broth and spaghetti sauce to a large pot and bring it to a boil on medium high heat.
- Add the chicken breasts. Once the pot comes a boil, reduce the head to low to medium heat and bring it to a simmer. Then cover the pot. Cook the chicken for 30 minutes (until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F).
- Then, add the pasta, mushrooms, and spinach. Mix well so that the pasta is submerged in the sauce. Add more water if the sauce is too dry. Cook for another 15 minutes until the pasta is fully cooked.
- Lastly, remove the chicken from the sauce and shred it with a knife and fork into bite size pieces.
- Assemble the spaghetti with the pasta and chicken. Top it off with fresh cherry tomatoes and parmesan cheese to your preferred amount. Eat and enjoy!