Garlic lemon shrimp and crispy panko-crusted asparagus all baked together in one pan!
Need a game plan for your midweek dinner after a long day of work? Then, you’ll want to try this quick and easy cooking method that will help you get dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Sheet pan meals save time, make clean-up easier, and the oven does all the work. That’s why we love this Oven Baked Shrimp with Roasted Asparagus topped with crispy panko breadcrumbs.
Easy Ingredients for this Shrimp Sheet Pan Meal
- Shrimp: Get shrimp that is already peeled and deveined
- Asparagus: You can also swap this ingredient out with green beans or broccolini
- Lemon: Lemon on seafood help to add bright flavors to the dish
- Seasonings: We used chili red pepper flakes for a little bit of heat, paprika for smoky flavors, and garlic as an aromatic
- Breadcrumb Mixture: This crunchy topping is the star of the show that adds a layer of crunch and flavor to the dish. This crispy and garlicky combination levels up the dish
Easy Steps to Make Sheet Pan Shrimp and Asparagus
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- Place the shrimp and asparagus on a sheet pan and sprinkle them with seasonings. Coat with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumb mixture and top off the asparagus with the bread crumbs.
- Bake everything in the oven for 10-12 minutes
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Sheet Pan Meals
- Line the pan with foil or parchment paper to help with easy clean-up.
- Avoid overcrowding the pan. This will help everything crisp up instead of steaming the food.
- Pair proteins and vegetables that have similar cook times.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are panko breadcrumbs?
Panko is a Japanese style of breadcrumbs that are lighter, airier, crispier, and larger than regular breadcrumbs that give a bigger crunch to deep-fried foods.
Can I use panko and breadcrumbs interchangeably?
You can use them interchangeably, the only difference is your preference in how crunchy you prefer your coating on fried foods
Which is healthier panko or breadcrumbs?
Panko is lower in calories, sodium, and fat than regular breacrumbs.
Oven Baked Shrimp with Asparagus and Panko Breadcrumbs
Bread crumb mixture