This sweet and tangy Air Fryer Chicken Thigh recipe is a healthier version of one of our favorite take-out meals.
You can’t go wrong with ordering Orange Soy Chicken for take-out. Those bite-sized chicken pieces, dredged in fried, golden, and crispy batter tossed in a sweet orange sauce are just so full of flavor.
However, it’s also a lot of work making it at home, not to mention the guilt of loaded calories!
But we don’t want to miss out on those great flavors during our weekly meal prep, so we opted for an easier, more budget-friendly version, but with all the same great flavors.
For this recipe, we wanted to keep the crispy textures and decided to prep Air Fryer Chicken Thighs glazed in an orange soy marinade and paired it with broccoli florets.
To Make this Healthy Air Fryer Orange Chicken, You’ll Need
- Chicken Thighs: This may not be the leanest cut of chicken, but it’s a lower-calorie version than the chicken pieces dredged in flour and deep-fried in oil. But if you really want to keep it clean and lean, you can still make this recipe with chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins.
- Marinade: We used a mixture of soy sauce, orange juice, honey, garlic powder, and sesame oil.
- Broccoli: We love chicken and broccoli together, but you can also use other vegetables such as green beans, bok choy, or bell peppers.
How to Prepare Easy Air Fryer Orange Soy Chicken
- Mix together your marinade in a bowl, then add the chicken. Make sure the chicken gets fully coated with the marinade.
- Next, place the chicken thighs in the Air Fryer and cook them for about 23 to 25 minutes at 360F.
- After the chicken cooks, remove it from the Air Fryer and place the broccoli in the Air Fryer. Sprinkle them with seasonings and coat them with sesame oil. Roast at 360F for 5 minutes.
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Other cook methods: If you don’t have an Air Fryer, you can bake it in an oven at 425F until it is crispy.
- To serve: Serve with a side of grains such as brown rice pilaf or soba noodles.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days for the best quality.
- To Reheat: Both the chicken and broccoli can be reheated in the microwave.
- Larger Batch: If you make a larger batch, you can shred the chicken and serve it on top of lettuce or in a lettuce wrap with Asian slaw.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make orange soy glazed chicken in the oven?
If you don’t have an Air Fryer, you can also bake the chicken in the oven for 35-40 minutes at 400F until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Bake the broccoli florets for 8-10 minutes.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, we do not use any flour in this recipe like the classic take-out recipes use.
How long do chicken thighs take in the Air Fryer?
If you are cooking it at 360F, it typically takes 23-25 minutes, depending on how thick your chicken thighs are. Use a thermometer to check that it is fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165F.
Air Fryer Orange Soy Glazed Chicken with Broccoli
Chicken and Marinade
Broccoli and Seasonings