Honey Glazed Salmon and Roasted Snow Pea recipe that comes together in less than 20 minutes in one pan!
We often use lemon to add the citrus component to seafood recipes, but switch it up and try oranges instead. The flavor will definitely surprise you! Pairing it with ginger and honey will become your new favorite flavor combination.
To Prepare This Sheet Pan Salmon Recipe You’ll Need
- Salmon: Use fresh salmon or frozen filets. If using frozen filets, be sure you thaw them out in the refrigerator in advance prior to baking.
- Snow Peas: If you can’t find snow peas, you can use snow peas or other green vegetables such as green beans or asparagus.
- Ginger and Garlic: If you don’t want to peel and mince your own ginger and garlic, there are packaged options that come in a paste or are already pre-minced that you can buy. You can also use powdered ginger or garlic if you already have it on hand.
- Red Onions: You can also substitute with shallots or green onions.
- Oranges: Feel free to add orange zest to the sauce.
- Soy Sauce: Use lower-sodium soy sauce if you can.
- Honey: You can also use maple syrup or agave nectar.
Easy Recipe Steps to Make Ginger Salmon and Snow Peas
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Whisk together your marinade in a small bowl.
- Place the salmon and snow peas on a sheet pan.
- Top the salmon with garlic, ginger, and red onions.
- Drizzle the marinade over the salmon and snow peas
- Bake everything in the oven for about 12 to 15 minutes.
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Honey Glazed Ginger Salmon
- Other Cook Method: You can make this in a toaster oven or even in the Air Fryer (360F for 8 to 10 minutes).
- To reheat: Reheat it in the microwave until it is warm. (about 2 minutes depending on your microwave settings).
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days for the best quality.
- To Serve: Feel free to serve this with a side of rice pilaf or cauliflower rice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are sugar snap peas and snow peas the same?
Snow peas are flatter, while sugar snap peas are more rounded. However, both have similar flavors and nutritional profile.
What temperature should salmon be cooked at?
USDA recommends cooking fish to an internal temperature of 145F.
Is it okay to eat the skin on salmon?
Yes, while salmon is known to provide healthy fats, much of that skin is also stored in the skin and is a good source of omega 3s.
Oven Baked Orange Ginger Salmon and Snow Peas