Cajun Chicken with Butternut Squash Spirals
- 12 oz boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 each red bell pepper (diced)
- 10 oz butternut squash spirals
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: cutting board, knife, spatula/tongs, skillet
- Dice red onions and bell peppers into small pieces. Chop green onions. Dice chicken into small 1 inch squares. Drain corn.
- Heat skillet to medium high heat and add olive oil
- Saute chicken and red onions until the chicken is golden brown and fully cooked. Add the seasonings and mix well.
- Then, add garlic, green onions and sliced mushrooms. Mix it around until mushrooms soften.
- Next add the bell peppers and squash spirals.
- Continually stir until the bell peppers and squash are tender. Finally, mix in the corn.
- Season with salt to preferred taste and enjoy!