Cajun Chicken with Butternut Squash Spirals
- cutting board
- saute pan
- 12 oz boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 each red bell pepper (diced)
- 10 oz butternut squash spirals
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dice red onions and bell peppers into small pieces. Chop green onions. Dice chicken into small 1 inch squares. Drain the corn.
- Heat the saute pan to medium-high heat and add olive oil
- Saute the chicken and red onions until the chicken is golden brown and fully cooked (about 6 to 7 minutes) Add the seasonings and mix well.
- Next, add garlic, green onions and sliced mushrooms. Mix it around until mushrooms soften (about 3 to 5 minutes)
- Then, add the bell peppers and squash spirals. Continually stir until the bell peppers and squash are tender. Finally, mix in the corn.