If you’re looking for a way to figure out what to do with so much watermelon, try this refreshing watermelon and mozzarella salad served with grilled salmon.
Watermelon is such a refreshing fruit that provides so many nutrients. We replaced tomatoes with watermelon in this tasty twist of the classic Caprese salad.
Here are Ways to Enjoy Watermelon
- Make it into a fruit slushie
- Add it to salsa recipes
- Make watermelon kebabs
- Wrap it up in prosciutto for a healthy snack
To Make this Watermelon Salad with Salmon, You’ll Need
- Salmon: Salmon is full of nutrients, but you can also swap this out with chicken breasts if you prefer another protein option
- Watermelon: You can also use cantaloupe or honeydew
- Mint Leaves: You can also use fresh basil leaves
- Mozzarella balls: You can also swap this out with feta cheese
- Cucumber: This is another hydrating ingredient that makes this dish refreshing
- Balsamic concentrate: If you don’t have the concentrate, you can use the vinaigrette
How to Make Grilled Salmon and Watermelon Salad
- Heat a grill pan and start with grilling the salmon flesh side down, then flip it over and cook it until the skin gets crispy.
- Meanwhile, prep your watermelon and cucumbers.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the watermelon with the mozzarella, and mint leaves, and drizzle it with the balsamic concentrate.
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Grilled Salmon and Watermelon Salad
- To Store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days. Separate the salmon from the watermelon salad to keep it from getting soggy.
- To Reheat: You can serve the salmon chilled, however, you can also reheat the salmon in the microwave separately.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some best uses of watermelon?
If you’re tired of hydrating with water, make a refreshing drink by adding watermelon to your drink or add it to your smoothies. You can also make fruit pizza for kids.
Is watermelon good for weight loss?
It is 90% water so it’s low in calories and helps you stay hydrated.
Can I use shredded mozzarella instead of mozzarella balls?
Absolutely, shredded mozzarella will work. You can also use feta cheese crumbles.
Grilled Balsamic Salmon with Watermelon Salad
Salmon & Seasonings