This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. Please read the disclosure policy.
Struggling with getting vegetables into your diet during your weekly meal prep? Well this recipe ground beef cabbage stir fry is the solution that you’ll definitely enjoy!
This easy ground beef meal prep dish is full of vegetables and has a lot of great flavors using simple ingredients.
There are several options for vegetables that you can use for stir fry. For this recipe, we used a mix of green and red cabbage, but you can easily add more vegetables such as sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots, and green beans.
Simple Keto-Friendly, Low-Carb Beef Stir Fry Ingredients
- Ground Beef: We used ground beef, but you can easily swap in ground pork, ground turkey, or ground chicken for this stir fry recipe.
- Red Onions: We used diced red onions, but chopped green onions are also a great choice.
- Cabbage: You can buy a head of cabbage, however, you may end up with tons of leftovers that you’ll be eating for days, so sometimes, we opt for pre-chopped coleslaw mix. It saves time with prep and you’re not stuck with food waste.
- Soy Sauce: Soy sauce adds great savory flavors to stir fry, but you can also use other sauces such as hoisin sauce, gyoza sauce, or oyster sauce.
- Oils: We stir fry with olive oil, but then drizzle in a little bit of sesame oil for extra flavor in the end.
How to Meal Prep Ground Beef and Cabbage Stir Fry
- Add oil to a hot wok and saute the onions until they soften.
- Next, add the ground beef and continue to stir until it fully cooks.
- Then, add the shredded cabbage and season with soy sauce, and stir fry until it gets tender.
- Finally, drizzle the dish with a little bit of sesame oil.
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Ground Beef Stir Fry
- To Serve: You can serve these with a side of steamed rice or soba noodles. If you want to keep it low-carb, you can also serve it with cauliflower rice or shirataki noodles.
- To Reheat: Warm it up in the microwave for a few minutes until it heats through
- To Store: You can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of cabbage?
Cabbage is rich in vitamin B6 and folate which help with energy metabolism. It is also a good source of fiber and contains powerful antioxidants that help protect the body.
Is cabbage low carb?
Yes, 1 cup of chopped raw cabbage only has 5 grams of carbs.
Is cabbage good for weight loss?
Yes, it is low in calories, fat, and high in fiber which well help you stay full longer.
Ground Beef Cabbage Stir Fry