Beef Taco Salad
- 10 ounces lean ground beef
- 1/2 each white onion
- 2 each avocados
- 1 each yellow bell pepper
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cucumber
- 4 cups salad mix
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- choice of vinaigrette dressing
- paprika, chili powder, onion powder
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place)
- Gather your equipment: saute pan, bowl, board, knife
- Wash and rinse bell peppers, cut bell peppers in small squares
- Wash and rinse the cilantro and chop
- Dice onions
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half
- Dice avocados
- Preheat saute pan to medium to high heat
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to saute pan.
- Add diced onions and ground beef. Cook the ground beef until it is browned.
- Once the ground beef is cooked, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add ½ cup of sliced cherries and ½ cup of fresh cilantro to the ground beef mixture
- In a bowl place the salad mix at the bottom
- Add the bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and diced avocado, cucumbers, and ground beef mixture.
- Drizzle the salad on top with your favorite vinaigrette dressing