Beef Taco with Jicama Tortillas
- 10 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 package pre-sliced jicama tortillas packages typically come with 10-12 slices
- 1/4 cup diced white onions
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 each lime
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: saute pan, bowl, board, knife
- Wash and rinse cherry tomatoes
- Wash and rinse the cilantro and chop
- Dice onions
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to saute pan on medium high heat. Add the diced onions and season with a pinch of salt. Saute the onions until they soften and turn translucent (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Then add the ground beef and break it into smaller pieces. Add the spices and continue to stir the ground beef until it has turned golden brown.
- Add ½ cup of sliced cherry tomatoes and ½ cup of fresh cilantro to the ground beef mixture and mix well. Save the rest as a fresh garnish to top the tacos.
- Add ¼ cup of the beef mixture for each jicama tortilla slice. Squeeze fresh lime juice on each taco. You can also use two tortillas per serving if the tortilla slices are too thin.