Steak and Eggs with Asparagus
- 4 each 6 oz thin steaks (top round)
- 4 each eggs
- 10 oz asparagus (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 tsp parmesan cheese (optional)
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: Saute pan, spatula, tongs
- Tenderize the meat by pounding it with a meat mallet OR marinate the meat with an acidic component such as balsamic vinegar for 30 minutes
- Season the meat with garlic powder and salt
- Heat oil in a pan on low medium heat. Gently crack the eggs and cover it with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes until the egg whites set. If you don't have a lid, just cook it longer until the egg whites set. Remove the cooked eggs from the pan.
- Using the same pan, turn up the heat to medium high heat. Add olive oil and sear the steaks on each side for 3 to 5 minutes .
- Then, add the asparagus in the same pan. Add a little bit more olive oil and season with garlic powder and salt. Cover with a lid and let it steam for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove both the steak and asparagus from the saute pan onto a serving dish. Serve the meal with the eggs.
- Optional: Sprinkle the eggs with red pepper flakes and add parmesan cheese on top of the asparagus for added flavor. Enjoy!