Easy, high protein, vegetarian cauliflower fried rice made in less than 15 minutes!
If you’re la huge cauliflower fan and love seeing it incorporated in tasty ways, then, you’ll appreciate this vegetarian “fried rice” recipe. Here’s why you’ll enjoy this recipe:
- Super quick and simple, but still healthy and delicious at the same time
- It’s a great high-protein vegetarian recipe
- And..it’s fried rice without the guilt!
To Prepare This Cauliflower Fried Rice, You’ll Need
- Cauliflower Rice: You can make your own cauliflower rice, but to save time you can use pre-cut packaged options that can be found in the produce aisle or in the frozen section
- Frozen Peas: You can use canned peas or frozen peas.
- Shredded Carrots and Red Cabbage: These two ingredients add a variety of nutrients, but they also add beautiful colors to this dish
- Aromatics: We used red onions and garlic, but you can also add green onions or shallots for this recipe
- Seasonings: We seasoned our fried rice with coco aminos and sesame oil, but you can use regular soy sauce. If you want to add heat, you can also add chili oil
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice in Less Than 15 Minutes
- Add oil to a heated wok and stir fry the onions and garlic.
- Next, add the cauliflower rice and stir until they soften. Sprinkle with the seasonings.
- Finally, add the peas, carrots, cabbage, sesame oil, and coco aminos.
- Stir everything around.
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Vegetables: We used carrots and red cabbage, but you can use any kind of vegetables that you have on hand. Broccoli is also a good vegetable with a high amount of protein
- Nuts: You can also add nuts for more protein such as cashews or peanuts
- Herbs: To add flavor, you can also garnish with chopped green onions or fresh sliced basil leaves
- Coco aminos: You can also substitute this with regular soy sauce
- Added Protein: You can also add scrambled eggs to this recipe for more protein (note: adding eggs will turn the recipe into a vegetarian recipe instead of a vegan recipe)
Frequently Asked Questions
Are peas high in protein?
Peas are a legume so they are a good source of protein. They provide about 2 grams of protein for ½ cup of serving.
Are peas good for weight loss?
They are relatively low in calories and packed with fiber and protein which is a great option for weight-loss diets.
What are the benefits of eating peas?
They are a good source of vitamins C, E, zinc, and antioxidants that can help strengthen your immune system along with a balanced diet.
Cauliflower Fried Rice