These grilled eggplant steaks are prepared so quickly which makes them perfect for a midweek dinner for yourself.
This Dish is Full of Flavor, and We Love it Because
- It’s a light yet hearty, healthy dinner
- It can be ready in less than 20 minutes
- It’s low-carb, and low calorie
- It’s gluten-free
- You can serve it as a main dish or as a side dish
Simple Ingredients You’ll Need to Grilled Eggplant Steaks
- Eggplant: Eggplant is low-calorie and has great vitamins and minerals. Other low-carb options include portobello mushrooms or cauliflower head sliced lengthwise to
- Marinara Sauce: If you don’t have marinara sauce, pesto sauces such as tomato pesto or basil pesto will also be a tasty topping for this recipe
- Basil Leaves: Herbs are a great way to add fresh flavors to dishes
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese: You can also top it off with our choice of cheese. Great options are ricotta cheese and mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare Grilled Eggplant Steaks
- Preheat the indoor grill.
- Slice the eggplant crosswise.
- Toss the eggplant in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplant on each side until tender.
- Meanwhile, heat the marinara sauce in a saute pan.
- Top each eggplant slice with marinara and shredded parmesan cheese.
Reference the recipe card below for detailed instructions.
Meal Prep Tips for Grilled Eggplant Steaks
- Sauce Options: Another sauce option is gremolata which is an Italian sauce made from minced garlic, parsley, and lemon zest.
- To Serve: You can enjoy this meal with a side of pasta or on top of rice pilaf. You can also top it off with toasted pine nuts for an extra crunch and drizzle it with balsamic glaze to take away the bitterness of the eggplant
- To Store: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 4 days.
- To Reheat: The meal can be reheated in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does eggplant taste like?
It’s tender, mild with a slight bitterness. It tends to absorb the flavor of what it’s cooked with.
What if I don’t like eggplant?
You can also make this recipe with portobello mushrooms or cauliflower.
Is eggplant good for losing weight?
Yes, eggplants are low in calories and high in fiber. Fiber can help promote fullness and as a result, helps reduce calorie intake.
Grilled Eggplant Steaks with Marinara Sauce