Sausage Fried Rice
- 5 each sausage links (12 oz total)
- 2 each large eggs
- 5 cups cooked rice (best if using day old rice)
- 3 each garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 each red bell pepper
- 2 cups frozen or fresh mixed vegetables
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: Skillet, cutting board, knife, spatula
- Mince garlic, cut bell pepper into small diced pieces, slice sausage into 1/4 inch coins
- Add oil to a heated pan on medium high heat. Saute garlic and sausage until the sausage heats through.
- Next, add vegetables and stir thoroughly
- Then, add cooked rice to the skillet.
- Season with soy sauce and garlic powder. Mix the rice well until it is completely coated with the soy sauce. (add more soy sauce if needed)
- Then, create a whole in the middle of the pan and crack two eggs. Scramble the eggs until they have cooked and firmly set. Once cooked, mix it well into the rice mixture.
- At the end, top off the rice with sprinkles of sesame oil for more flavor. Eat and enjoy!