There’s something about the sweet tang of a balsamic glazed chicken breast that really gets our mouth watering. Our balsamic baked chicken with zucchini is easy to make and even easier to enjoy. You’ll also only use one bowl and a sheet pan when cooking which helps to keep the kitchen clean and the chef happy. Most people love to cook but we’ve never met someone that actually enjoys washing the dishes, which is why we turn to sheet pan meals quite frequently. Check these other ideas out:
- Sheet Pan Chicken Stir Fry
- Tilapia with Zucchini and Bell Peppers
- Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage Meatballs with Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
Easy of Making: Easy
This baked balsamic chicken will be an instant staple in your kitchen once you get a taste of our sticky glaze, that is baked onto the chicken and caramelized.
How to Make Balsamic Baked Chicken with Zucchini
Our juicy and tender balsamic chicken is a fan favorite and can be thrown together in a matter of minutes, giving you time to enjoy time with your family or catch up on your favorite tv show. Served alongside zucchini and roasted cherry tomatoes that will have your mouth bursting with flavor, this dish is sure to please even the pickiest of taste buds.
How to Cook Balsamic Baked Chicken
Start by seasoning you chicken in a bowl with thyme, garlic powder, salt, and coat with olive oil. Mix well and place in a baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes and remove chicken from the oven.
Using a basting brush, paint the chicken with balsamic glaze. For this recipe, you can use a store bought balsamic glaze or make your own. To make your own, simply simmer balsamic vinegar in a separate pan and reduce until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Once your chicken is coated, put it back in the oven to bake for another 15 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
How to Cook Zucchini and Roasted Tomatoes
Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch half coins or circles, by slicing the squash in half lengthwise. When you have two even halves, slice quarter inch slices across the width of the zucchini. After your zucchini is prepped, slice cherry tomatoes in half and mince your garlic.
Add the zucchini, tomatoes, and garlic combination to the top of the chicken once you’ve removed it from the oven the first time and basted it with the balsamic glaze.
Meal Prep Tips for Balsamic Baked Chicken with Zucchini
- Save some of your balsamic glaze to put on top of your meal before you reheat it throughout the week.
- Add a starch like rice, quinoa or even cauliflower rice to round out the meal.
Balsamic Baked Chicken With Roasted Zucchini
- 4 each chicken thighs
- 1 each zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: cutting board, knife, baking dish, tongs, basting brush, bowl
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- Slice zucchini into 1/4 inch half coins, slice cherry tomatoes in half, mince garlic
- In a bowl, season chicken with thyme, garlic powder, salt, and coat with olive oil. Mix well and place in a baking dish.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove it from the oven.
- Using a brush, baste the chicken with balsamic glaze. Add zucchinis, cherry tomatoes, and garlic on top. Season with salt.
- Place it back in the oven to cook for another 15 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from the oven. Eat and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, check out these other recipes we know you’ll love too: