Steak & Mushrooms With Squash and Chive Pesto
- 1 lb beef (any kind) thin
- 3 each yellow squash
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch chives
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp salt
Pre-Cook (Mise En Place):
- Gather your equipment: cutting board, knife, saute pan, tongs, sheet pan, oven
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Slice squash into half coins (1/4 inch thick). Place on a sheet pan and season with garlic powder and salt. Drizzle with olive oil
- Season steak with garlic powder and salt
- Place squash in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- For chive pesto: Add chives, garlic, olive oil, and 1 tsp of salt to a blender. Puree until smooth. Add more olive oil if it is too thick. Add salt to preferred taste. Use this as a sauce topping for the squash.
- Add oil to a pan on medium high heat. Sear the steak on both sides until golden brown and the steak is fully cooked. Remove the steak from the pan and place on a serving dish.
- Using the same pan add more oil and saute the mushrooms until golden brown.
- Serve together and enjoy!